Problem with DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster90

Solid State Member
Ive been having a problem with burning DVDs on all 3 of my computers...

On the first comp. it burns normally but when you test out the DVD on the DVD player some of the movies are really messed up...

On the second one it doesnt even start writing and gives something like "drive not ready".

Then i also had an external DVD writer drive which was working well in Russia but here its malfunctioning too...

The first computer and the third one when connected to the external drive say that the disc is write protected.

On the second comp. with the external drive connected DeepBurner (the program i use on all computers) doesnt recognise the drive although it is recognised on the computer.

Yeah thats a bit messed up but if anyone knows how to solve any of the above problems please do that XD

Thanks in advance.

dragonmaster90 said:
Ive been having a problem with burning DVDs on all 3 of my computers...

On the first comp. it burns normally but when you test out the DVD on the DVD player some of the movies are really messed up...

On the second one it doesn't even start writing and gives something like "drive not ready".

Then i also had an external DVD writer drive which was working well in Russia but here its malfunctioning too...

The first computer and the third one when connected to the external drive say that the disc is write protected.

On the second comp. with the external drive connected DeepBurner (the program i use on all computers) doesn't recognise the drive although it is recognised on the computer.

This may not resolve all of your issues, but hopefully it will reduce so that we can get a better idea of what if gong on. Let us know what happens.

Yeah that's a bit messed up but if anyone knows how to solve any of the above problems please do that XD

Thanks in advance.

The machine that was working well in Russia will have problems reading disks in a different region because of the DVD region code. You could download a program like this and see if that helps.

It sounds like you have several problems, one of these could be media that one machine can write to, but the other machine can't read it.

And the message write protected indicates that the software you are using can't decrypt the files that you are trying to back up. If these are video files you might try DVDFab, you can download a trial version here. If these are CDs you could try CDClone, it can be downloaded here.

This hopefully will at least reduce your problems so that it will narrow down the problems. Let us know if this helps.

P.S. I forgot to mention that you probably will want to download the Express version of the DVDFab, it is the easiest to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom