Problem Detecting IDE drives on ACORP 6A815EPD Dual P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarrettSR5

Solid State Member
I bought an ACORP 6A815EPD mother board with dual P3 700MHZ procesors and 128mb of ram. I plug in my ribbon cable into the white slot and plug a hard drive into and a ribbon cable into the blue slot and plug a CD drive into. I turn it on, Detecting IDE Drives......... for about 1 minute then starts to Scan for them. And then boot failure comes up. Now if I put a disc into the drive to see if it will detect it, it doesn't and if I restart it and leave the disc in, NOTHING comes up on the screen and the CD drive makes noises.
Any help? oh and when I try to open the CD drive, the computer restarted. It detects a CD drive with no hard drive physically plugged in. but won't detect a hard drive with no CD drive physically plugged in,
This thig is messed! When I put a CD into it, it either shuts down completely or restarts.

Make sure your HD is plugged into the primary slot on the mobo, this could be blue or white look on the mobo to the side of the slot and it should be in little letters.(cd drive on secondary) (promary or secondary) also in the bios you need to make sure the HD detection is set to auto on all the slots and not user or none. This is undr the cmos section of the bios. I had this same problem just earlier today with my second computer and this fixed it.

You may have to manually do user detection and type in the HD specs if this doesnt help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom