problem with computer freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongey

Beta member
i recently had an accident with my computer, i switched the voltage switch on the back of the computer by accident and it blew the power box. So i got assistance from a friend and went into PC world to get a new power box. We tested it at home and the computer switched on fine. I also switched my monitor to an old one due to the other monitor not working before.

When i went to use the computer again, the monitor kept turning on and off before finally swtiching on and windows loaded up. After a little while the computer begins to freezes up and dosnt do anything.

can anyone suggest what to do with this please

Last time I saw this happen the whole computer was toast. You probably have some damaged hardware somewhere..

Good place to start testing is with the RAM, run memtest86

how do i run memtest. do i download the windows file onto a disk and then boot the disc?

you can download it form major geeks Here just follow the instructions that come with.

If I remember rightly you put a blank floppy in your drive, run the program then reboot from that floppy.

You may need to change your boot order to floppy then Hdd or enable floppy seek in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom