Problem with Burning speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofoe2001

Solid State Member
Using the latest NERO, when I burn an audio CD at 40X, with buffer underrun protection, it takes 30 min to burn!

The buffer meter on my old pc, used to stay a solid 100%, may 99% if you moved the mouse. But with this new HP pavillion dvdrw\cdrw burner, it fluctuates. from 11% to 40% then 100% and repeat. I updated the ASPI layer and still nothing..

I dunno what type of DVDrw\CDrw I got exactly, but its that one with the lightscribe feature (which is cool, but you need to buy specific media) but anyways heres what my device manager listed the name as :

HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4166b

I also tried disabling bufferunderun and it actually took a couple minutes longer to burn! wtf

EDIT : I checked the IDE\ATA controllers setting and nothing is set to PIO mode either..i have lots of crap listed under there. dont know which listing is the burner tho.. but most of it either days DMA if available or not applicable.

the fluctuating buffer is actually pretty common in faster burners

you say you burn an audio CD and it takes half an hour, what kind of audio files are you inputting?
it might just be re-encoding them. on a slower computer, this can take a while.

Do you have it set to 'On the Fly,' or is it creating an image file and then burning that? (the latter takes much longer)

apokalipse : There MP3s and I burn to AUDIO CD so i can listen to it in my car stereo

Greg : I guess its ON THE FLY, because I dont notice making a IMAGE of it.

Deathwalker : How do I go about updating firmware for my drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom