Problem Booting?

Well you've already replaced HDD and RAM, so those are out.

Have you tried a different PSU and/or GPU? I would say try onboard video, but your motherboard doesn't have onboard.

The components left to test are: PSU, GPU, CPU, and Mobo.

Do you have any extra PCI cards plugged in at all? Have you tried clearing BIOS via the silver coin battery and/or the CMOS jumper?

Mobo?

I have already jumped the motherboard once before, I guess I could try it again.
My PSU was replaced, yes. I had a 500W before and replaced it with my 600W to be sure.
I have no extra cards plugged in.

Mobo?

I have already jumped the motherboard once before, I guess I could try it again.
My PSU was replaced, yes. I had a 500W before and replaced it with my 600W to be sure.
I have no extra cards plugged in.

Mobo = motherboard.

alright, well if you've replaced the PSU already as well... then it's GPU, CPU, and Motherboard.

If you can, borrow a GPU from somebody to test that.

First thing I'd RMA would be the motherboard though, if you think that' may be the most likely culprit.

You stated in your first post:
" I cannot run a program unless its via boot"
Does that mean that you can pop a linux system boot disk in it and have the pc run o.k.?

You stated in your first post:
" I cannot run a program unless its via boot"
Does that mean that you can pop a linux system boot disk in it and have the pc run o.k.?

True, but chances are that if Linux is like Ubuntu, which I have tried, its not going to work because it will blue screen during the installation. And besides that, W7Ultimate IS installed and working on the drive, so I see no reason to install Linux.

I tried installing another GPU, and the same BSOD's came up, one of them being IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Just a bit of extra info: When I try booting into safe mode, it stops at CLASSPNP.sys and crashes.

True, but chances are that if Linux is like Ubuntu, which I have tried, its not going to work because it will blue screen during the installation. And besides that, W7Ultimate IS installed and working on the drive, so I see no reason to install Linux.

I tried installing another GPU, and the same BSOD's came up, one of them being IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Just a bit of extra info: When I try booting into safe mode, it stops at CLASSPNP.sys and crashes.

He didn't mean actually installing Linux - he meant just running a LiveCD.

And since you' still receive BSOD's with another card, I'm going to suggest RMA'ing your motherboard to begin with.

Thank you carnageX, yes...I did mean a live Linux cd. That might eliminate anything to do with windows and directly help show that the board is faulty.
You do not need to have the hard drive connected to the motherboard to use a live cd

Last edited:
Thank you carnageX, yes...I did mean a live Linux cd. That might eliminate anything to do with windows and directly help show that the board is faulty.
You do not need to have the hard drive connected to the motherboard to use a live cd

At this point, I don't think it's anything with Windows necessarily.

OP said he replaced the drive / clean installed as well as replacing RAM, trying a different PSU and GPU.

But yes, like Joe said, using a LiveCD can be a for-sure way to make sure it's a hardware problem.

Back
Top Bottom