Problem with bluray and power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatpigeon28uk

Beta member
Hi, i was very excited today as i went down to my local computer shop and bought a nice new bluray drive for my computer, 6x bluray write and 3x hd-rom read, now i went home to install it, and was quite anoyed at first that i had to unplug one of my hdd's to free up a sata, port. but i thought hey ho i have enough space on my main drive for the bits and bobs i do, and i could get a caddy and use either the HDD or bluray on usb instead. anyway, i installed the drive and booted into windows no problem. untill i inserted a bluray disc into the drive. when....... the computer switched it self off. at first i wondered if it's the power supply is not powerfull enough but it should be as i'm one less HDD down and i also unplugged my Floppy and any other un neccesary things, like my webcam and my lightup mouse mat but it still switches off when i try and insert a disc, does anyone know why it's doing this and what can i do to rectify it?

trouble is now, i have taken it out and put it all back the way it was, the pc comes on for a few seconds then powers off again, i'm using my moms computer at the moment, not a happy bunny!

Check all power connections, make sure you didn't accidentally unplug something.

i'd go in and swap the drive worst that could happen is that's not the prob but on a 2nd note how many watts is your power supply?

as for your new problem it sounds like you may have bumped the power cable off your mobo and now it's not making a proper connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom