problem(?) with Albatron 7600 GT card!! PLZ read!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default problem(?) with Albatron 7600 GT card!! PLZ read!!

Hi all!!About 2 days ago I bought a Albatron 7600 GT graphics card, i installed it and tried to see how it would perform with some games..i tried Hitman:Blood money, Oblivion, NFS:Most wanted, Fear...although generally i was satisfied with it's performance i couldn't help but notice that there were small lock-ups when the "game action" was too much, also i checked the temp of the GPU and it was 70 degrees Celcius!! The idling temp was 65 degrees!! Is that normal?? I must admit that the air flow in my PC case isn't that good.. (only one fan for the case)..also since I'm in a warm country (Greece) and it's summer we got high temps, about 33*C, can this affect the GPU temp? what should I do? many thanks in advance!

Old 06-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

What are your complete system specs, the lagging is most likely due to a slower processor or not enough RAM. We'll be able to help more if we have some more info.

The temps sound a little high but i wouldnt worry since graphics cards can withstand v.high temperatures. Try adding some more fans if you can.

A good test would be to play games with the case open and a desk fan blowing in it to see if overheating is causing the problems.

AMD 3000+
2gb RAM
X800 PCI-e
80gb + 250gb WD HDDs
X-FI Xtreme Music
Old 06-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

My system specs are Pentium 4 3GHz
1 Gb RAM
60gb WD HDD
120gb Seagate HDD
on-board sound card
hope that helps! sorry for not posting them earlier!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

What are your CPU temps. I assume that 3ghz is a prescott core. They are known for overheating!
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 06-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

From where do i see the CPU temp?? (noob)
I bought one more case fan installed it and watched the idling temp fall from 65*C to 60*C, I removed the sides of the case so that it would open to the enviroment and placed a bigger fan blowing directly inside the case, and the temp dropped to 57*C! Big change but still i am not happy with it, where can i see which are the normal temps of my card? Many thanks again!
Closed Thread