Problem after BIOS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedUK

In Runtime
I downloaded the correct new BIOS for my motherboard and flashed it the correct way. It seemed to flash it smoothy and said "PASS" at the end. I restarted it but the system wouldn't POST it just keeps beeping over and over again. I looked up the beep code and it says "DRAM Error" which seems odd.

I can still boot it from the backup BIOS. I tried copying the Backup BIOS back onto the main one but it didn't seem to work :(.

Anyone?

Oh my God.. I'm never updating my BIOS again..EVER..even if someone holds a gun to my head.

I just fixed it now and I am back where I was before!

All praise the Dual BIOS!

I LOVE dual BIOS :) for that exact reason. What you have a Gigabyte mobo dual BIOS? Glad to hear you got that worked out..what was the problem? also what was the original problem that you are trying to correct with the flash?

Well I wanted to update because I wanted e-stepping for my CPU. I tried to Update to the newest BIOS. Tried to flash the following:

BIOS VERSIONS:

K9: CPU Code **Didn't work** (Wouldn't POST)
K8: Dual Core support **Didn't work** (Wouldn't POST)
K7: E-stepping supprt **Worked**
K6: Current BIOS **Worked**

Do you think the other two BIOS flashes didn't work because I don't have a dual core CPU? Or because my RAM is in single channel mode?

Anyway the GA-K8NXP-SLi K7 Update worked so I updated from K6 to K7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom