Ok firstly my specs are

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M
GC - 6800GS
1GB Ram
PSU - Purepower560W
120GB Sata HDD
AMD Athlon 3000+
17' TFT Monitor

Basically I went to put in a new processor, but changed my mind so just put the old one back in so everything was the same as before but whenever I boot I get a red light on my cd drive and the monitor doesnt come on, when I try re-switch it on it just comes up "no signal". Sometimes the light on cd drive will go from red to green in an instant when I turn on my comp but still the monitor doesnt come on it just stays on no signal, also sometimes but rarely as soon as I turn it on it goes straight off. (the comp)

I've tried an alternative PSU, Graphics Card and mobo battery.

Anyone have any ideas on what it is? - yes it could be the processor because I messed with it but do these sound like the sort of problems to occur from a dodgy processor? I just need to no which part is broken so I can replace it.. I don't have another processor to try.

Thanls

You fried the motherboard somehow. You said new motherboard battery? did you take it out for a few minutes or did you find the jumper on the board and reset the cmos.

I just brought a new battery, took the old one out and put the new one in.. :eek:

Also the cpu was put in right, and had no bent pins but when I was trying to force it in a different way I think I bent some of the pins, but it was still broken before the broken pins.

So I need a new motherboard? :mad:

You "forced" the CPU in? The CPU takes virtually no press at all to install, if you do it correctly. It just drops right in. If you had to force it, then you put it in wrong.

Well if the CPU has broken or bent pins, then you'll need a new CPU. Usually you can't unbend the pins unless they are right on the edge, and since they are very small they are also very brittle, and usually if you bend them back they break off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom