probelm with my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitotsu

Baseband Member
okies so here are my problems

(main problem)(hardware)
i was having trouble installing my sound drivers on windows xp so i have an extra hard drive hey ill try windows 98se cause...well they said it was for windows 98 (sound driver was soundpro ht8738am/pci still cant get that working on xp XD lol)
so i decided **** i dont want to uninstall xp to try this...i know ill just take my slave hard drive and install windows xp on...turns off computer switches drives i put it as master so thats not the problem but anyway it wouldnt read it so i was like yah w\e i wanna play diablo even if i have no sound atm (between updated pcs atm and diablo rox anyway) when i put my primary drive with windows xp back on it wouldnt boot...so i thought ok maybe i put in the ide cable wrong way...noop i didnt...i decided what the hey ill flip around the ide cable just in case so its now in backwards....it boots up YEY!!....log in screen... yey!!! awsome tales of the abyss shoen-ai background...YEY!...blue screen of death...****.....so thats bascily how its stuck... it wont load when its in right or anything and its making me sad >.< any help would be apreciated as well as help with my sound driver installing on exp

(sound driver problem)(software)
ok the way my sound and modem drivers go is when i try to install i get the symbol that they are loading then it goes away and nothing pops up
so i decide to leave it on over night just in case it was being an *** and being slow...and i was too tired to turn my pc off...no dice sooo yah thats when i tried my idea with windows 98...
end story

sound driver = soundpro ht8739am/pci

PS: sorry for the novel XD

Turn your computer off and remove the sound card. Turn it on and before the Windows loading screen comes up keep pressing F8. Select Safe Mode and uninstall the sound card driver and any thing you installed for it. Now boot up and see if the system will crash.

Not much info on your sound card so can't help you on that, just buy a new one plus a new speaker. You will be please. Check this out.

Newegg.com - SABRENT SBT-SP6C 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom