Printer problem. Cartridge is dragging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
Not sure where to post this printer question, ive searched the forums and cant find the right place, hope this is right!

Anyway, I own an HP deskjet 5650 printer. Whenever I print a word document or something, there will be lines of ink dragging thru the sentences, as if the cartridge isnt lifting up off the paper enough and just dragging black ink across. Its only on about half the lines on the paper, and it always varies in location. The color seems to be ok, its just mainly the black. ive taken the cartrdiges out and cleaned them off. Ive cleaned everything inside the printer and its basically spotless from what I can tell. Luckily the printer has a clear top, so I can see that its definitly the cartridge dragging across the paper thats causing the smears. When words are in bold it tends to drag that ink even more. Any calibration I can do? Im sort of lost here. Thanks

seems to me like the ink cartridge is damaged, theres pretty much nothing u can do but try cleaning the metal plate where the pins from the printer meet.

had this problem before, when i looked where the ink came out there was a big chip of metal missing so it kept on spilling out even when the printer was off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom