Printer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure its just the port itself. I don't think you can permanently change the "Bidirectional Parallel Port". I think its just the build up of that parallel port.

Hope your day gets better ;)

Edit: You can try to use an older machine that doesn't have the bidirectional parallel port, but other than that, I don't see a way to turn off the Bidirection from this port itself.

I didnt have this problem on the old computer,,,, it had a parallel port on it,, this new computer that we just got 3 weeks ago doesnt have the parallel port so that is where the adapter came into play and now we have the problem with the bidirectional. You know what I will do tomarrow is, check the old computer to see if the bidirectional is checked in it. We just put that one in a different office. and if I add it to the network I can see if I have the same problem printing to it, that should tell me if it is the adapter I would think?????????

As far as I know the older machines don't have "Bidirectional Parallel Ports" They have standard "Parallels". I do think its the new machines port configuration ( BiPar to USB ) I am pretty sure this is the problem.

Well the old computer is only 2.5 yrs old so I will still check it out when I get into work.
Thank you again for all your help and time trying to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom