Printer Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Its a bit difficult to find the answers to these questions so if you know the answer, say which question it is and please help. Thank you.

1. Do HP (eg, Photosmart 5280, 6380) printers stop if even one ink cartridge is empty?
2. Do Canon (eg MP620) printers stop if even one ink cartridge is empty?
3. Do Epson (eg TX700, TX400) printers stop if even one ink cartridge is empty?
4. Do Brother (eg DCP-165C) printers stop if even one ink cartridge is empty?
5. What popular models (any brand) have the ability to scan slides?
6. What popular models (any brand) have the ability to scan negatives?
7. On HP printers that take a 'Photo Black' cartridge as well as a standard black, is it 100% required to have the 'Photo Black'?

Any help on any of these questions would be appreciated.

Question 1 & 3. Yes. My sister owns a HP and i have owned a Epson. The Epson uses different cartridges for different colors. So even if 1 color goes dry it stops the printer till you refill it. Even if it is yellow and you are printing in all black.

The HP's are a bit different they use only 2 types of cartridges. 1 Black; 1 Multi. So it is rare that you will have the issues like a Epson, but i have seen it stop until it was refilled.

As for a printer that can scan slides and negatives v(Questions 5 & 6), this article proves to be of some use as to why they are not the best choice. If you are looking to have quality.

For HPs it does depend on the model. Not sure about the ones you list, but I do know the psc 700 series (all in one printers) don't stop when you are out of one cartridge.

Mak pretty much covered everything else.

Question 1 & 3. Yes. My sister owns a HP and i have owned a Epson. The Epson uses different cartridges for different colors. So even if 1 color goes dry it stops the printer till you refill it. Even if it is yellow and you are printing in all black.

The HP's are a bit different they use only 2 types of cartridges. 1 Black; 1 Multi. So it is rare that you will have the issues like a Epson, but i have seen it stop until it was refilled.

As for a printer that can scan slides and negatives v(Questions 5 & 6), this article proves to be of some use as to why they are not the best choice. If you are looking to have quality.

On the contrary with any half decent HP, they use mutliple color cartridges....

So Epson, dont let you rpint after even one, okay. Interesting thanks.

What about the HP Photosmart's? Eg C5280.

Sorry my knowledge of HP's is limited to only a few selected ones used by friends and family. Almost all of them i have seen used only the 2 cartridge method. I do remember seeing some separate color ones when i worked at Wally world. So that does sound right.

My sister does have a photosmart. Not sure of which model. But i know that hers only uses the 2 cartridge style. I will ask her when i talk to her again this week what happens to her photosmart when ink runs out to find out that answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom