Print server problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Print server problems

I just purchased a Dell 3300 wireless print server. My printer is an HP PSC 1315v. I managed to get my laptop to print to it after a lot of grief, but it doesn't print correctly. The printed words are all there, but it looks like what a bad driver might result in, color stripes above and below the words. The print server uses jet direct 9100. I had to set the server up with the included dell software and then just change the port the printer is printing on to the IP of the dell print server. That got it printing, just a little garbled. The printer prints fine when I hook it up with a USB cable. Any ideas as to why the print signal would be getting messed up?
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Terminal License Server - Expired !! roumieh2000 Microsoft Windows and Software 2 09-04-2008 12:46 AM
help Luke Programming 46 02-17-2008 09:06 PM
Belkin Print Server F1UP0001 work on HP-895Cse? p23185 Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 3 12-25-2007 07:09 PM
Outlook 2000 problems in Windows Server 2003 pcschris Microsoft Windows and Software 1 05-24-2007 04:36 PM
Using win2000 for print server from xp laptop bomer32 Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 5 05-24-2007 03:03 PM

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.