"Press any key" To boot from CD, but Keyboard doesn't start untill Windows does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

auras

Solid State Member
I'm trying to boot from my windows CD but my keyboard doesn't respond during the "boot from cd" screen. Is there a way around this or a fix?

im guessing you have a USB keyboard. I sudjest you go to a computer shop and get yourself a USB to Keyboard jack converter. The little purple plug in the back of the computer. You can plug your USB straight into that, and then the plug will then be converted.

Not sure how much the things cost, wouldnt be expensive though. You usually get one free when you buy a USB keyboard or mouse.

If possible, try going into the BIOS and looking for an option that enables USB Keyboards/USB Perhipials(sp?) or something similar to that..

Of course, you might not be able to if your keyboard won't start up period...

Make sure that your motherboard is set to USB Keyboard support. Otherwise, you might need to get a USB to PS2 adaptor or just a cheap and nasty PS2 keyboard.

I have a cheap and nasty PS2 keyboard as I know that my Logitech G15 works intermintantly until the drivers have been loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom