Powercut killed my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danjb

Baseband Member
Hey,

I'm new here and I'm generally pretty good at reading pinned threads and stuff but I'm having to use a different computer to usual and it's incredibly slow so yeah basically I hope this hasn't been said before frequently or anything ...

So yeah, my computer was OFF and we had a powercut in the night. In the morning, after pressing the on button (it might've been happening before), the light on the front started blinking pretty fast and now won't stop unless I turn off the power. It starts again immediately as I turn the power on again.

If I press or hold the computer on button at all, it does nothing.

Pleeeease help!

- Danjb

The light at the back, just below where the power cable goes in, is also flashing. Makes a little ticking noise. Flashes at the same rate as the other one.

I've tried different sockets, and the same happens.

It sounds more like a short in the power button than a problem with the power supply.

This has happened to me Before, Disconect thr PC from the mains and leave for 5-10 mins - then hold the power button - Now plug in the mains.

I tried holding the power button and plugging in the mains like you suggested but it didn't work :(

If it was to do with the power button, how would I go about fixing it?

And could it also be a problem with the power cable?

yea, i've had a power cable not work after i done something really stupid (close to what yuo're explaining but more life threatening). anyway try a different cable and see if that works

Tried my bro's cable, no worky :(

Does that mean it has to be the computer's power button or something complicated and hard-to-fix inside the computer?

I was hoping there'd be some sorta quick-fix but I guess maybe not :(

Any other suggestions?

you can try jumpstarting the psu by connecting the geen cable and the black one next to it...lemme get a pic.

attachment.php

Eek ... That sounds pretty difficult ...

So I just put in the paperclip and flip the power switch?

And where are the wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom