TKIII

Baseband Member
My friend has a custom built computer:

Gigabyte ga-945p-s3 motherboard
intel e6600 processor
2GB kingston RAM
Connect 3d ati x1600 pro
WD SATA 250GB Hard drive

Windows XP and Vista installed fine but once the ATI Catalyst drivers are installed the computer restarts and goes to a BSOD. If the basic drivers are installed through the device manager then it instantly goes to a BSOD. The card was supposed to come with a driver cd but didn't so he is using the downloaded drivers from ATI. The drivers installed on PCLinux with errors, but allowed him to change the resolution. We are both rather tech savy, but are at a loss as to what to do.

did he change the BIOS when he first built the rig because he has to change the amount of megabytes of the video card or the system will has trouble understanding the card

no i mean the system bios , in there should be an option where u change the amount of megabytes for the video card e.g. 16mb,32mb,64mb,128mb,256mb,or 512mb

ok he installed the drivers from connect3d. the system starts, windows boots fine, then it recognizes the card in windows and instantly crashes to a blue screen of death that says "ATI2MTAG.SYS - ADDRESS BA403822 BASE AT BA3FC000" then a date stamp

all of my 3 computers have this option and they all use award bios, both my intels and my AMD. in the BIOS go to advance, i think its frame buffer size or something lik that

also check if he has the OS/2 option (or watever it's called)enabled this is for 64mb or more RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom