Power Surge Woes! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropponmatsu

Baseband Member
Mobo Woes! :(

Finally happened, my ASUS P4P800-E finally bit the dust. A few months after ordering it I found out that the south bridge can have a tendency to blow while plugging in peripherals, namely after a year's worth of use. Well I'm coming up on a year of owning it and yesterday I had bought a new joystick. I rushed home and as soon as I plugged it into one of my front USB ports, BAM! I lost the connection to my monitor. Fans LED's were still working but there was no sign of life from any of my drives. So alas, I have to go in search of a new mobo.

Has anyone had a problem like this with any other ASUS boards, if so, what did you replace it with?

Definateley a problem with the Asus boards.

i must have gone through about ten of them in the past few weeks, when i phoned up tech support they just said that it was known problem and they where dealing with it.

The problem being that they are usually faulty on arrival! Anyone else had similar?

I Have owned several ASUS boards and never had that problem. I now have the same board in my third back up puter so I guess I won't be expecting it to last long....Dang!!!!

Personally, since I use Intel CPU's I always go with intel Boards and have never had one fail. Abit or Lanparty, I hear are good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom