Power Supply - Too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksen

Beta member
Right so I'm running:

AMD 2000+ running overclocked at 2600+ processor.
Radeon X1600 Pro AGP Graphics Card
Small creative PCI 5.1 sound card (old)
Basic PCI Ethernet port
IDE 80GB Hard Drive (I think running at 7200 RPMs, but it could be less because it's old)
IDE 52x/24x/52x CD-RW
IDE 16x/8x/16x DVD-RW (DVD only, not combo)
ASUS A7V 8X-X Motherboard

with a Staples® brand 350W power supply. I realize this isn't enough. I bought a 500W Ultra PSU (Which completely died after 6 months. Bad idea), but that idea failed. I'm a bit tight on the cash at the current moment, so it'll be just another little while before I can go get another bigger PSU.

Do I have anything to worry about running so much with a 350W PSU. Would I need 500W or more or less? Thanks for any information.

If you have a good power case, which is your power case. I think a good brand that isnt "staples " Which I hate, 450 would run you fine. I dont have a power supply :D. My case is working fine for me, Dont get ACR I hate them, they are falling apart.

If its working Fine now, you shouldn't have anything to worry about however if you do some upgrading in the future you should look into a new one.

Ste said:
If its working Fine now, you shouldn't have anything to worry about however if you do some upgrading in the future you should look into a new one.

Thanks. That's what I figured, but never hurts to ask, especially if I have the chance at creating problems and screwing up devices because power is failing and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom