Power Supply problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-X

Baseband Member
My Psu will not start up everything is in order it is a Rosewill RD 500-2DB power supply and i just got it today this is my first build so it might be something i did or didnt do anyone please help me.

tried that lke 5 times it does nothing ill try one more time anything to get it up and running.

the only thing thats plugged in right now is my fans and my lights but my psu should still be working i dont know whats going on maybe i need more parts to start it but i dont think thats the case.

R-X said:
the only thing thats plugged in right now is my fans and my lights but my psu should still be working i dont know whats going on maybe i need more parts to start it but i dont think thats the case.
If the 20/24 Pin power connector is not attached and you only want to test if the psu Works. Take the 20/24 Pin connector, then take a paper clip and connect a black and green wire together using the paper clip.

If the Power supply is good it should turn on. But don't keep it on too long. If it does not turn on,
1. Its no plugged in
2. The on/off switch in back is switched to off
3. Or its a DOA and should be RMAed.

thank you so much thats what that lady was trying to say on the phone.

Ste said:
If the 20/24 Pin power connector is not attached and you only want to test if the psu Works. Take the 20/24 Pin connector, then take a paper clip and connect a black and green wire together using the paper clip.

If the Power supply is good it should turn on. But don't keep it on too long. If it does not turn on,
1. Its no plugged in
2. The on/off switch in back is switched to off
3. Or its a DOA and should be RMAed.

I did not know this:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom