Is this a power supply problem?

AustinColwell

Beta member
Hello, I will first list the specs of my computer.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 912
Graphics Card:EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 SC
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard:ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (4x2) DDR3-1333
Power Supply: Corsair TX650 Enthusiast 650 Watt
CPU Fan: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW
Operating System: Windows 8

My computer has been randomly shutting off lately. When it does the fan in the back gets very loud, I'm not sure if it's my PSU or GPU. After that my computer won't turn back on, it just cycle restarts. I let it sit for a couple hours and it turned back on. After being on it for about 2 hours it got really loud again and then shut off. I don't know what the problem is. Does this sound like a power supply problem? I have reset my CMOS and I have made sure everything is plugged in. Any help? I also had motherboard error 04.

I haven't monitored my temperatures mainly because it just started happening. I am actually doing that now. Each time it has shut off it has been while I'm doing different things. I was playing World of Warcraft, it shut off. One time I was simply browsing the internet and it shut off. I don't know exactly what the problem is. I'll keep you updated with the temps.

I have been monitoring my temperature while idling, browsing the internet and playing WoW at the highest settings in a very graphic instance with 25 players, the highest my temp has gotten to is 66 C.

I have been monitoring my temperature while idling, browsing the internet and playing WoW at the highest settings in a very graphic instance with 25 players, the highest my temp has gotten to is 66 C.

Is that your CPU or GPU?

Back
Top Bottom