Power Supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what you'll wanna do is borrow a psu from someone, and then if everything still works then you're golden, and just buy a new power supply.

Not a cheap one, ;) ! Well as to what QuaziBee has said,"PSU's are the common culprit to other component failures." Yes once the PSU dies out with having all the component running, some will probably get messed up. But I don't think I've heard/seen anyone with a PSU that died out while their computer was running.

well look at his components, you don't need anything more then probably a 300w psu which you could pick up for like 20-30 bucks.

Thanks for the help. I do have access to another motherboard should mine have gone bad. I think I may have access to another PSU to try also. Thanks again!

well look at his components, you don't need anything more then probably a 300w psu which you could pick up for like 20-30 bucks.

But that is one of the most important parts in computer building. You always want a decent PSU that you know will last your for awhile. If you buy something cheap, you're going to buy it twice. :laughing:

So, any suggestions on Brands? I definitely don't want to have to replace this again! Thanks.

for a 5 year old pc? i think 550w is stretching it a bit, unless you can get it for cheap.

i just build a kid a new pc amd x2, decent video 512 ram and some other stuff and it will run on a 300.

my 600 PSU cost 20 quid thats like 45 bucks, get a decent one not to expensive, you definately dont need 550w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom