Power supply not enough for added hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.smith1981

Solid State Member
Hi, I have a big problem.

Its just at the moment I have a computer a HP DX2250 with a 250W power supply these 2 are down on the system spec as being bundled with the computer:

4 Power supply, non-PFC, 250 W 410719-001
4 Power supply, PFC, 250 W 410720-001

Is there anyway of getting an equivalent sized power supply for a microtower (dont have the chassis model number on me at the moment), what would you advise to get if I needed 300w power supply, in the sense that would it fit into my microtower?

Would going up to something like a 350W do just to make an overhead should I wish to add other parts to it, like external devices?

Thanks,
Jeremy.

The searching I have done tells me that the psu is a standard atx.
Here is a company that shows the replacement.
Bestec ATX-250-12Z Rev. D2R Replacement Power Supply 250W Part Number HP 410507-001, Spare 410719-001

I would not buy from this company but it tells you you need an atx psu with these minimum requirements.
Bestec ATX-250-12Z Rev. D2R Replacement Power Supply 250W Part Number HP 410507-001, Spare 410719-001
This is a Bestec 250W replacement power supply part number HP 410507-001 for models RD 203 and RD 201.

Connectors:
1 x 24 Pin Molex
1 x 4 Pin 12V
2 x 4 Pin IDE
2 x SATA
1 x Floppy

Purchase from your vendor of choice.

Its the new gpu fan thats causing the problem, its ok to run at the moment just keeping an eye on it through speed fan application to monitor the temp, I mean its at the bottom of the cautious temp 50c, want to get it down to what it should be the cpu is at just around 46c - 50c approx.

It was running at 35c before but since I put the new graphics card in its gone up, and the gpu temp was around the 50mark when I put it in, suspecting that its the wattage problem, absolutely need a 300W power supply going by a guide I have been looking at.

Hope this clears the issue up.

Actually my mistake completely its wanting a 600w if the PSU thats in there already is just 250w it doesnt matter too much just the voltage yea? I'm rather concerned now.

Sorry for the double posting its fine gone for one that will work, knew i'd crack it!!

Thanks for your help though greatly appreciated as usual with techs, just always think that what I get with my hardware isnt going to work, this PSU im getting should last me a longer time now anyhow with it being a 750w ATX (just a recap ATX would fit into a microtower yea?)

Is there anyway of getting a compatible power supply that would have a direct PCI-E connector and not an adapter?

The graphics card I want to put in must be 600w of power, then have a direct 6pin PCI-E connector (NOT AN ADAPTER, the graphics card cannot take the pci-e adapter, at the moment my PSU has one but its using either 2x6pin connectors to the 6 pin or the new one has one 2xconnector and a 4pin connector which is just isnt designed for taking), can someone get back to me with a compatible PSU please??

Just a response would be appreciated.:(

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom