power supply help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Default power supply help

I have just put together a computer (old) and when i plug in it in and put the button it makes a silent clicking noise. Unplugged it put my ear to it and it was still click what is the problem?
__________________

HaloCorn is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Mr. Switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,841
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Switch
Default

I bet its a case fan. take off the side panel and turn it on. that way, you can figure out where exactly the noise is comming. if its comming from a case fan, just replace it.
__________________

Mr. Switch is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Default

hey, retard i said no fans turn on and its like a really fast ticking noise and there is no case fan
HaloCorn is offline  
Old 09-24-2005, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 8,013
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HaloCorn
hey, retard i said no fans turn on and its like a really fast ticking noise and there is no case fan
I was going to help you, but your most likely going to be banned now.
DJ-CHRIS is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via AIM to EnigmaX
Default

Quote:
hey, retard i said no fans turn on and its like a really fast ticking noise and there is no case fan
Sounds like you've Diagonosed the problem. That's 80% of problem resolution. With your attitude, good luck with the other 20% (aka fixing your problem).
EnigmaX is offline  
Old 09-25-2005, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Default

that was the problem i looked around found an extra power supply plugged it in and it worked
__________________

HaloCorn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.