Power Supply ****ed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
I had set up a friends computer and all the cables were connected properly inside the case and the cables to the outlet are hooked up. I have also checked that the outlet is working and that the power supply is ON.

How can I be sure that my friend needs a new supply?

Whoa, that's quite a PC. It's sure needs a lot of power. Weird, 535 W should be enough. Hmm, can you explain about the symptoms? Did the motherboard LED's on when you connect to the outlet? Anything? (Well, to be frankly, seeing that AMD 4400+ X2, I'd prefer using 600 W)

JamesAlfred said:
Whoa, that's quite a PC. It's sure needs a lot of power. Weird, 535 W should be enough. Hmm, can you explain about the symptoms? Did the motherboard LED's on when you connect to the outlet? Anything? (Well, to be frankly, seeing that AMD 4400+ X2, I'd prefer using 600 W)
\

He said Friends computer, not his own.

So nothing happens when you press power button?
Are there an LEDs lit on mobo?
are you sure the P1 connector (20 or 24 Pin connector) is attached and with the 4 pin connector that should be close to CPU?

what power supply is it?

To see if the Power supply even turns on without being connected to mobo, dissconnect everything but a few fans, then take the 24 or 20 pin connector, take a a paper clip, and connect the green and black wire together with the paper clip, I personnally would wear Plastic dish gloves when doing this.

read it properly james....he set up his FRIENDS pc....

now if he has that in his sig...i would think its his pc..not his FRIENDS....

um best way to check...get one of those power testers (can get from any hardware shop) and that should tell you if its working or not...they are about $3-$4 .. they are called...power indicators i think :confused:

Yeah i called the tech help number that came with the pc and the guy on the phone told me exaclty what Ste told me...except the dish gloves part. That didn't work and now the company is supposed to send him a new one. Hopefully I was right about the power supply being funked and not something else... : )

Btw, how do u change the size of the font in your signature?

here

here[/SIZE*]

do it like i typed but without the * :)
and with the words you want that size in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom