Power supply? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Default Power supply?

not only am i lucky enough to have my laptop go on the fritz my desktop randomly shuts off. No reason just shuts off. I try to press the power button, nothing. At this point im wondering if its the power supply or something else blew. I checked all the jumpers for the pwer button and there fine. There is an led power light on my MB and its on when the power supply is on , but i dont know if its possible that the power supply could be blown, if i had to guess its something else , but what who knows.

help would be appreciated.

thnx as always guys,

Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

if u are not overclocking and ur temperatures are stable it would be a safe bet its teh power supply and u do not want a power supply to die in a running computer it can take other components with it so make sure ur temps are stable and if ur not overclocking then that aspect will n ot be an issue. so prolly power suppply i wouldnt wait if u find out thats the prob. buy a reliable brand ocz or antec

Q6600@ 3.0ghz
eVGA 680i A1
4x1gb Mushkin DDR2 800
2x8800gt xFx
Coolermaster Stacker 830
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

ok cool,

see ive never had a power supply go bad. The one that did die if its the power supply was about 4yrs old. It did die while the comp was running , which is scary, but what threw me off was the mb having power.

ill buy a new pwer supply and let you know

thnx again.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Content Team

it was the power supply thnx

Closed Thread