Power Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhhBecker

Beta member
So I've had my computer for about 3 months now, about a month ago. I started having random resets. These resets seemed almost like someone pulled the cord from my computer because it would go back the the "check moniter cable" screen then boot back up. I tried re-seating the IDE Cables, RAM, and I've tried 2 different hard drives. I was susupecting the power supply, but now it has been locking up and restarting. These restarts seem to happen at high processer load moments like when applications are loading or if i try to launch WoW or CoV. At this point I can barely do anything so I'm really trying to fix my problem. Thanks for the help.

List all your System components, Specifically the Power supply.

What Anti Virus and Anti Spyware Programs do you have running?

How many case fans do you have and how are they set up?

How many running processes do you usally have running?

I have:
MSI K8N Neo4/SLI
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1024mb Crucial Ballistix RAM
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 6600
120gig Samsung HD

Ultra X-Connect 400W ATX PSU

I have 2 Fans running in my case one directly above the processer drawing air out and one at the back of the case drawing air in. When I start up I have 19 processes running. I have no anti virus because I just formatted I am running Zone Alarms though.

I am going to suspect a poor quality powersupply or poor electricity in your house. Step 1 would be to purchase a better powersupply made from Antec followed by a Battery backup with a 600VA or more in rating with voltage regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom