Power Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thayde1

Baseband Member
Hey there,

I've installed all parts correctly when building my new computer. The problem is when I turn it on, everything starts up which is good and I see my motherboard screen on the monitor but after a few seconds, the whole comp shuts off. I'm waiting on a new PSU to come in to see if that's the problem but the PSU I have in there now was previously used in my old comp and still works just fine. The mobo, processor and video card are brand new from newegg. Everything is connected right. So its got to be a power problem and I dont think its an overheating issue. I used arctic silver 5 thermal compound on my processor and heatsink. So as of now I'm waiting on a better power supply (Aspire 550 W) to see if thats a problem. Maybe the cheap $30 500 W power supply just isnt good enough to run what I got. Also, the DDR standard RAM for my mobo is pc 3200 but I've been told and seen pc 2700 work just fine. Is that correct? What could be the probelm if not the PSU? Here are my specs:

Abit An8 Ultra Mobo with Nvdia Nforce Ultra Chipset
AMD 64 Athlon Sock 939 3700 with San Diego
Sapphire ATI Radeon x850xt 256 mb Video Card
3 x 512mb pc 2700 value select RAM
Seagate 80gb hard drive
Atrix 500 W Power Supply

Do you have front or case mounted USB plugs? If so and you think you have them hooked up, just try unplugging all the 'extra' USB connections. My computer used to do what your saying because my USB plugs where connected to the motherboard upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom