Not open for further replies.

osubuckeyes

Baseband Member
Hey, This one's got me all confused.

Asus 95AD2 Premium
Intel P4 Prescott 3.6Ghz
Ultra DDR2 1 Gb
Antec NeoPower PSU

Had my computer running fine at home, has been running well for a while now. Shut down windows like normal, Turned off the PSU switch, Unplugged everything. Moved back to Columbus, plugged everything in, turned on the power strip, turned on the power supply, but when I hit the power button, it won't start.

The green power LED on the motherboard lights up, LED's on the keyboard light, but no boot, not even a jump in the system fans. and all my roommate's computers work.

I tried 5 or 6 different outlets throughout the house, tried a different power cord, disconnected all fans HDD's, CDRom's etc, then tried a different (working) PSU, nothing with any of those either, No strong burnt component smells, independently connected the power switch pins bypassing the actual switch still nothing.

The only thing i've noticed in the past was when i would completely cut power, it would take 2 pushes of the button to boot, but it was always consistant.

Any Ideas Are Appreciated

Sounds like you need to check each component individually, though from what you've said it sounds like the MB is gone =/ hope thats not the case

ok. wat psu u have? for psu, wen u disconnect the power cord for 24hour. the psu gets drained of its power in the capacitor(however ur spell it) so wen u press the power botton u gotta give it some time before it actually starts up. maybe wait like 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom