Power On problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
Hi everyone! I have recently been having a problem with my computer booting. One night I shut down my computer normally like I always do and the next morning it wouldn't boot properly. When i pressed the power button, power goes to the pc but I do not see any cpu activity (activity light does not flash at all), and my disk drive LED is held on. The pc doesn't even go to BIOS. HOWEVER... This occurred somewhat randomly and now it has become more a more frequent problem. The pc works absolutely fine when it boots though. There are also times where it looks like the computer resets itself after about 20 sec during this problem and starts normally. I'm assuming this is some kind of hardware failure but i'm not positive. So if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!! :)

Disconnect all devices (HD, CD/DVD, modems, etc...), reboot. If the PC posts properly, turn it back of and plug in one of the items you disconnected and reboot. Repeat the process until you start getting the issue again...this way you gradually eliminate the hardware. If you have the problem after removing everything try resetting the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom