Power Light comes on then nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason0

Beta member
Hi, I have a laptop. When i hit the power button the light turns on, the fans spin for a few seconds and then nothing. it just sits on a black screen. sometimes the screen looks like its lit up and black other times it looks off. either way it just sits there with the power light on forevor. I was told its probably an issue with the motherboard. I just got it quoted at 390$ seemed pricey so i'm here looking for some help. I know just enough about computers that i could probably order and replace it myself but i dont know how to get its specs without turning it on. HELP! Thank you

Hello,

What laptop do you have? Is it still under warranty?

The first thing I would try to do is reset the BIOS (by removing the CMOS battery for a minute, then putting it back in).

Built on ASUS, all intel parts, dont know what else to tell you, bought it from a friend a while back before he shipped to iraq. And i tried that initially (pulling the battery). Still nothing

Well, things look different inside a laptop, i think i have identified the ram but its seated flat and i cant figure out how to remove it

If you look, theres 2 levers, 1 perside that clip in, they pop sideways and allowqs the ram to bend up.

20-145-172-TS

You can see the lock notches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom