Power LED cable wont fit on mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
I have a Abit 32x AN9 mobo and the case I bought has a power button with LED on the front.

The cable that is labeled PLED has a two pin connector but when you look at the mobo the PLED is a three pin port, there are actually two pins and the middle one is blank but the problem is it looks like I need a threepin wide connector for it to fit.

Is there any way to make the two pin PLED connector work on the three wide mobo connector? I tried looking for some sort of adapter but I couldn't find anything at all.

I guess its not the end of the world if the power LED doesn't work but I would really like to set it up right.

Yes. You need a small screwdriver or a toothpick to extract the leads from its black housing. To put it simple, get something to pry the golden shiny part out of the black plastic piece. Then you can connect it individually. Normal, I would just put the leads out and find a spare 3-pin connector but it works without the black connector.

I had the same problem putting a new board in an old Compaq case...I had to cut the power cord plug open and remove all the pins, then I had to rewire the whole little switch board thing and cut the ground pad on the circuit board to isolate the switch from the LEDs.

Thanks, I found a three pin and pulled the connectors out of the two pin and put them in the three pin, it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom