Power button on tower case Question??

e40water

Baseband Member
Hello I have a question. I need to replace my power switch on my tower desktop. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Contact the manufacturer for your case and speak to tier 1 technical support.
Explain to them your power button is dead and you need a replacement.
Please note some may charge you for the part if it has not been in production with shipping charges.
Others won't, most will ask for your paypal account ord debit/credit card and send a request for money to ship out the part.

2 options, IMO:

1) Do what Mike said and contact the case manufacturer.
2) Go to an electronics store and just buy a momentary push-button switch. Re-solder the new switch on the old wires.

The case is pretty old. I was just wondering if a toggle or different switch could be hard wired in to make it work. Thanks for the helpful Tips.

The case is pretty old. I was just wondering if a toggle or different switch could be hard wired in to make it work. Thanks for the helpful Tips.

Just go with a momentary push-button switch of whatever size fits best.

awesome thanks for your help.

Here's a ton of switches to choose from:

Amazon.com: momentary push-button

A couple of things to consider:

1. If you plan on drilling a hole for the switch, maybe do it with a vacuum cleaner picking up all the metal pieces during the drill.

2. If no hole, and you plan on leaving the switch hanging out, sleeve or heat shrink tubing for the wires and back part of the switch to be certain the wires will not short!

Good luck!

Soar

Back
Top Bottom