Power on, but no display.

monkeeyo

Beta member
Hello I'm new to the forum so I hope im not breaking any rules here. Anyway, yesterday my desktop was acting weird so i restarted my pc. My pc would turn on all the lights, fans, and the light of the mouse but no display on the monitor. I tried disconnecting the gpu and put it back again but nothing. It can not be my monitor because the little window that says "No input available for VGA" something like that. In fact I'm writing this with my computer as it turned on after I pushed the power button several times. But I wish to know why this happens as im sure my pc won't turn on back again if i shut it down right now, or at least it would take about 20 mins to get it back on. Any one know what the issure might be? Thanks in advance :)

Sort of vague as far as what it could be. My wife's PC had its video card crap out on it. It would boot but had no image. I removed the GPU and tried onboard, nada. Tried another card, nothing. Finally I thought and pulled the CMOS battery then tried another card and got it back up. Note that this was over a month and a half as I thought the motherboard had crapped out.

If you have another video card, or if your motherboard has onboard graphics, try unplugging the power to your PC and pulling the CMOS battery. Pop it back in, hook up the alternative video source, and try it out.

Hello I'm new to the forum so I hope im not breaking any rules here. Anyway, yesterday my desktop was acting weird so i restarted my pc. My pc would turn on all the lights, fans, and the light of the mouse but no display on the monitor. I tried disconnecting the gpu and put it back again but nothing. It can not be my monitor because the little window that says "No input available for VGA" something like that. In fact I'm writing this with my computer as it turned on after I pushed the power button several times. But I wish to know why this happens as im sure my pc won't turn on back again if i shut it down right now, or at least it would take about 20 mins to get it back on. Any one know what the issure might be? Thanks in advance :)

For starters tell us the basic info about your computer.
Is prebuilt or custom built, what kind of cpu/mobo do you have and what brand names is it by chance ?
Based on what your describing it sounds like one of the profile setups in your bios may have gone wonky and crashed out.
I had that happen to me on intel 1156 1155 and amd am3/am3+ and the Fm series.
Power down your machine and remove the jumper near cmos battery.
Put it on the right or left side of the 3 pin jumper switch off the psu.
Wait about 10 minutes and switch on the psu button on the unit.
Put the jumper back in its original place and turn on the computer.
It should boot back up fully, please take note if your keyboard is plugged.
It will blink 3 times and turn on the number lock.
Thats a good sign to show the mobo is active and is able to use your vga onboard or graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom