Potential CPU overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
Hello, lately I have been having a bit of instability, in particular, doing processor intensive things.
I recently got a BSOD, all that I was able to record was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
googling this BSOD revealed that it can be anything, but usually points to processor, in particular overheating.
I decided to do a Prime 95 test while monitoring my temps with Everest. My temps were hitting 45ºC max out of their 72ºC limit. After a few more minutes, my motherboard temperature disappeared and then my CPU temp was 63ºC. Then, in a second or two, my temperature went back to 43ºC.
I have gotten an error once before, and once while writing this about my CPU fan not working. Luckily it just appeared and I took a SS of it.
Just noticed something, my time has switched to military time.
Here is a link, the picture is too large.
I have a bit of dust on my heatsink, do you believe that this dust could be stopping the fan? Perhaps the fan is failing?

1. we need a stop code. The 0x000000** code

2. It's not an overheating issue. It sounds like a chipset driver issue or failure.

3. Is the fan spinning like usual? If it is I would ignore that error the motherboard could be sending confused messages.

I know that you need the stop code, if I am able to replicate this crash I will surely record it.
Edit: Yes, the fan is spinning. When I get the CPU fan not spinning message (have gotten it twice that I can remember) I open my case and look at the fan, it has always been spinning.
I doubt it will help, but I have the information that windows gives you after the crash
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002ACA365
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012311-22604-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alexander\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44787-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I don't believe that Everest report. It is showing your CPU temps as 12°C (54°F). It is impossible for conventional (fan) cooling to cool a CPU cooler than the ambient (room) temperature and the air inside a computer case being blown on to the CPU's heatsink is typically several degrees warmer than the room temperature. So unless you are using extreme alternative cooling (e.g.; refrigerated liquid), or your windows are open in the dead of Winter and your room is freezing, those temps are wrong.

IRQ indicates an interrupt problem, typically caused by failing hardware, corrupt driver, or conflicting drivers. Any errors in Device Manager?

do you believe that this dust could be stopping the fan?
Well, look at it. Is it stopped? Certainly a clogged fan can run slow, but if the fan is clogged then surely the fins of the heatsink are too. And that would be bad.

I don't believe that Everest report. It is showing your CPU temps as 12°C (54°F). It is impossible for conventional (fan) cooling to cool a CPU cooler than the ambient (room) temperature and the air inside a computer case being blown on to the CPU's heatsink is typically several degrees warmer than the room temperature. So unless you are using extreme alternative cooling (e.g.; refrigerated liquid), or your windows are open in the dead of Winter and your room is freezing, those temps are wrong.

IRQ indicates an interrupt problem, typically caused by failing hardware, corrupt driver, or conflicting drivers. Any errors in Device Manager?

Well, look at it. Is it stopped? Certainly a clogged fan can run slow, but if the fan is clogged then surely the fins of the heatsink are too. And that would be bad.

I will take a look at device manager when I get home. Also, I do not remember the exact ambient temperature of my room, but it is usually 50ºF-68ºF.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have recently OCed my RAM and Processor. Perhaps this is causing these problems? One other thing I did; I installed quite a few security programs. Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spybot S&D, SmitFraudFix, Eset antivirus, Zone Alarm Free Firewall, Macafee Stinger. That is all that I can remember atm.

If your room temperature is truly 50°F, then those temps are possible. But, brrrrr!

I don't think Smitfraudfix is for Windows 7. I don't see where Stinger is either. I use Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and Windows Firewall. That's it except I am behind a router too. I periodically do supplemental scans with MBAM just be sure all is good. But it is only in on-demand, not in real time. And it's scans find nothing.

You should definitely stop overclocking until this is resolved - assuming that is not your problem in the first place.

I down clocked my RAM as the motherboard does not support speeds above 1333. This seems to have stopped all abnormalities that were happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom