POST problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmacben

Solid State Member
I know this has been talked about 100 times before, but after looking at some of the other posts on here and trying God knows how many different things, I'm still having trouble with my computer.

I bought a new computer desk 3 days ago and was getting ready to move everything, so I shut my computer down (it was and had been working perfectly) and disconnected all the cables to move it to the new desk. Hooked everything back up, and tried to turn it back on, and I got a blank screen.

Well, I popped the hood to see what the problem was. The fans were still spinning, but the hd and my cd drive were both off.

I've tried a new power supply, a different moniter, a new battery, disconnecting everything but the essentials, but still no beep or anything. Everything seems to indicate a blown mobo, but the fans still spin, so some power is still going through. Is that possible with a blown mobo?

The cpu may also be out. After plugging it in and letting the system run for several minutes, it's still cold to the touch. It seems like that if the fans can still get power from the mobo, then the cpu should get enough juice to at least get warm.

I've got integrated graphics, so i doubt that's the problem, unless it's possible for the int. gpu to die without taking the motherboard with it. If that is the case, then shouldn't popping in a cheap gpu fix my problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sounds like its grounding out. Remove Mobo from case and place on non-conductive surface attach only 1 Stick of RAM, CPU and Video Card.
Then try for POST.

Interesting. Possibilities include Mobo dead, Dead CPU, Bad RAM. Currupt onboard.

I would try to find someone who you could swap components with. First RAM, then Video card (To test if onboard is dead), then CPU. If all are tested and still no go then replace Motherboard.
Clear CMOS before each.

And blow it up from anger. which ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom