POST OK, Cannot Install Windows/Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't find anything. There is no explanation. I've tried tons of discs. I tried CD-RW and CD-R. I've tried all sorts of CDs listed here. I've tried a custom 9-in-1 CD that had most of those discs in one.

Not one of them worked.

I got an XP disc from office max and put it in. I partitioned, installed using my key, and it worked. BattleField 2 said it detected emulation software, and I didn't have any. I was told to get an anti-blacklisting program, and while it was downloading, WinAntiSpyware (a spyware program) installed itself and slowed my system to a crawl.

I decided to simply reformat and start from scratch again. Only this time, the official Windows XP CD didn't work. It did the same thing. Got to the "new look" screen and then shut off.

Funny how everyone on this forum said it would be a piece of cake, and everything would go smoothly and there wouldn't be any problems. Funny how everyone said in that in the rare chance I had a problem they would be able to help me fix it instantly. Funny how they were all wrong. Funny how I wasted $1500 and more than 30 hours of my time. Funny how I'm not laughing.

This is what I need:
I need this to work just like everyone said it would. I need to be able to install Windows XP just fine. Once I've got it installed, I need to install another XP. I have a high-performance install that was made using nLite. I want to install that next. Then I want to install Ubuntu. This was my plan and I was told it would work fine the first time I tried it. But first I need to get that first step, I need Windows XP to install. It won't. Please help me, then we can figure out the other 2.

Its probably your copied CD , try a cheap CD rom drive or Download a Utility from the Hard Drive Manufacturer Dr Dos or somthin like that.Create a Bootable Floppy or CD rom disk .The Retail Western Digital drives ive purchased all came with the floppy disk .
Use it to set up/partion your drive etc. It will ask you to install your XP CD to prefetch some info. Then you will reboot to the CD to install the OS .
Even then you still may encounter problems with the CD .

Except that it's not my copied CD because I bought a new disc from Office Max so I could install. That worked but I wanted to reinstall and now it won't work. I think it doesn't want me to reinstall. How stupid.

I have a BootCD with a bunch of programs like super fdisk, gdisk, partition magic, theres like 30 partition programs. I have no idea how to use any of them, they are all confusing.

I used the XP install CD to make a 25GB partition and format it to NTFS. It loaded setup and got to the "brand new look" screen and then the computer turned off.

Can somebody help me please?

Over 100 views and it still doesn't work! Come on guys wheres the support?! Every reply I got told me I should build my own and buying a computer was a waste. None of the people who replied, have helped me now when I need help.

Is this in the wrong section? Is it not getting enough coverage? What's the problem?!

tell us the error code that you get. this is definitely a hardware problem. run memtest86. did you overclock your system?

There's no error code, I get to the point after the partition and format where it says the system will reboot in 15 seconds and it asks you to remove the disc. I remove the disc, system reboots, and I get into the Windows XP setup screen where it says "an exciting new look" it asks me to put the disc in, I put it in, and it waits a couple minutes then shuts down.

I did not overclock, I can't even install Windows. I got it once but I reformatted and now I wish I didn't.

Is memtest86 on the Hiren BootCD? If not, how can I run it without Windows installed?

There's no error code, I get to the point after the partition and format where it says the system will reboot in 15 seconds and it asks you to remove the disc. I remove the disc, system reboots, and I get into the Windows XP setup screen where it says "an exciting new look" it asks me to put the disc in, I put it in, and it waits a couple minutes then shuts down.

I did not overclock, I can't even install Windows. I got it once but I reformatted and now I wish I didn't.

Is memtest86 on the Hiren BootCD? If not, how can I run it without Windows installed?

google memtest86. it's an iso file that checks your ram. also, never take the xp disc out during an install. just let it run and don't hit key to boot from cd, the second time around. try setting your bios to the defaults when you go to install too.

I take the disc out becuase it tells me to... otherwise it would boot from the disc and start all over again in a loop... Will run memtest in a bit

I take the disc out becuase it tells me to... otherwise it would boot from the disc and start all over again in a loop... Will run memtest in a bit

no it won't. you have to hit a key for it to boot again. if the hard drive is blank it will automatcially boot, but the hard drive is no longer blank. I've install windows a thousand time and I never take the disc out, even though it say to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom