Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay i got my ram, cpu, graphics card, and psu up in my build right now... and i wanted to know if i can get a post... cuz i turn it on, and everythings running, and all the lights saying the parts are working are on.. but i don't hear this beep when it turns on, i don't see anything on the monitor either... any suggestions what may be wrong, if anything is wrong?

The order of trouble should probably be PSU, Motherboard and CPU.
Have you got any way of testing your PSU?
Also, what are your specs?

If you have a "D-bracket" for troubleshooting, hook it up and see what the Leds read.
Verify the Cpu has power..... @ 4pin plug 12v.
Remove and re-seat Ram & video cards.

any change....

D-bracket??? ... uhh, not sure what that is i don't really have time to search that in right now, bout to leave for school... but when i get back home i'll try what you asked, i could probably do some reading at school today.. and the specs are in my sig, only the ram is from my compaq.... 512mb

ok well i managed to make it to school... still new with this posting thing, tried reading a little... there are 3 lights on my motherboard on, im' not sure if the one that is red is bad, or if its supposed to be red, i need to check my mobo manual again when i get home.. i'll try taking everything out and putting everything in... well i dunno about the cpu, i don't have any more thermal paste, so i don't think i wanna take that out.. and both 4 pin connects are hooked up to the mobo to psu, and that lil 4 pin for the cpu is hooked up also, everything seems to be running... but no post... hopefully it doesnt act up when i get the last of my parts

Ok........
What is the exact model mobo ? Remove & re-seat your Ram & video card.
Do you need an extra power source(connector on top, I think) for that video card?
Check the current rating of the 12volt rail.
Verify your Ram( memory) is correct for your mobo.
Do you have the case speaker connected to the mobo so you can hear the "Beep" during POST ?
* You have to eliminate everything else before looking at the Cpu or Mobo!

ahh, i didnt check the speaker yet.. and the ram is pc3200, uhh its an abit kn8 sli... uhhh, 19 A for 12 volt rail i think it was, and both 4 pin connectors are hooked up for the graphics card, i'll try reseating right now

ah.. i dunno what it was.. i just took out the graphics card, ram and redid some wire (it was the usb wiring... so it wasnt sound) and the beep came out, now i think i'm going to steal the hd from my compaq!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom