Status
Not open for further replies.

slavich

Baseband Member
i have read the sticky above, but i want some more professional opinions to make sure the problem s determined.

The computer that i have seems to turn on but it doesent appear to boot. The monitor stays off (orange light), the fans and the harddrives are spinning, The lights on te keyboard blink like they usually do. The computer does not appear to have a POST sound signal I wanted to isolate the problem so i disconnected all the harddrives and cd drives and any other unnseseseary components. It still didn't boot, but the same occured as the previous. I have suspected that the problm was a power supply since it was way too weak for the system. (200 watts). I tried several different power supplies. all of them (400 w,200 w and a 220 w) came to the same result although i did manage to start it up 2 times and with all the drives disconnected it went back into its blank screen mode without finishing the startup. This occured on the 400 w PSU and the 200W psu. I reset the cmos replaced the battery. From all this i assume it is the fault of the motherboard. or the cpu. finally i triedapplyig different cpu's to the computer (but they fried :umm: )

i also tried multiple monitors and powe cords recieveng the same result.

did i miss any steps?
its the motherboard isn't it?

i would start looking at ur graphic card, and ur power supply

the motherboard seems fine since u said that all three led lights on ur keyboard blink as it should, try a different or similar graphic card and see wat it does

for ur PSU, most of the new systems that came out require minimum of 15 amps or (15a) under the 12+ number written on ur PSU. Also some motherboards need the 4 pin 12v connecter in order to boot, check if its plugged in or loose

the one i have been using was an integrated video However i did try several other graphics cards with no sucsess What i didnt do when i changed them is reset cmos (that would help right?)

i don't know much about power supplies exept for the one that was in the ashine worked for a long time. then its user had a BSOD

Originally posted by slavich What i didnt do when i changed them is reset cmos (that would help right?)[/B]

no, because it would just bring u back to default setting and that wouldn't do anything. u would have to go into the BIOS disable the integrated and enable the PCI or AGp or watever ur using and then reboot

it doesent boot i can't get into bios the video does not respond, the screen i blank i tried other cards pci and agp nothing goes.

so i cannt get into the bios

sylwek said:
u would have to go into the BIOS

im telling if it were to work then u WOULD have to go to the BIOS to change it around, i know ur PC wont POST.

see where the 20 or 24 pin connector that runs to ur motherboard, take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend the both 12v needles just a tiny bit. DONT break them off

this will produce more power flow

can it be possible that the integrated video chip failed?

i don't understand what is causing the problem, i hooked up several different PSU's i tried other graphics cards, i removed anything unneeded that can case the problem i reset cmos and changed the bios battery.

i have another suspicion on the CPU yet the lights on the keyboard at startup i dont know if they inducate anything about the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom