possible video card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
so i just replaced my graphics card with a new amd sapphire 6870. and ive been watching temps and voltages, and ive notices that my VDDC never drops from the 1.172 volts when the core down clocks.

im trying to figure out if its because im running 3 monitors or if there's an issues with the card. it runs great but my computer sometimes wont go into sleep mode. i uninstalled all old drivers and used driver sweeper, then reinstalled and still voltage doesn't drop.

ive been reading online its supposed to drop to .950 when at idle from 1.172 at full load but the voltage doesn't drop. im thinking i should rma just to be safe but not sure.

sorry for bad grammar still tired long day

If you are viewing the temperature on the monitor(s), I'm not sure that is considered true "idle". What are you using to manage your displays? While not free, I have found nothing better than UltraMon. My machines are very rarely "shut down" or turned off, they just go into Hybrid sleep mode. While rare, I occasionally have problems with my monitors going to sleep that is typically resolved with a reboot And that's been a problem ever since sleep mode was invented some time last century so not sure that would be a card problem, a Windows problem, or both.

If me, I might try with just one monitor attached. But if the voltages are not high, temps are under control, and there are no artifacts or other display problems, I would just leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom