Possible RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
My friend has recently purchased a vanilla XFX Geforce 6800 AGP. We put it together at my house and he hasn't taken it home yet so he wanted me to overclock it a little bit. Well I got the video card to 400/800 and it seemed stable so I ran 3DMark 05. Since he is quite computer illiterate, I wanted to make sure it was 100% stable so I was going to run 05 all night while I was sleeping for about 7 hours.

Well I wake up the next today and the computer is off. I try to turn it back on and I get a quick beep and it shuts right off. I try a few more times and the same thing happens. I begin to troubleshoot by putting the card into my computer and the same exact thing happens.

Next I put my 4200 ti in his computer and it boots up just fine. Now, I've been thinking about RMA'ing it back to Newegg but I've never done this before and was wondering if it is what I should do. I've already let my friend know what happened and I told him about a possible $20 restocking fee and he was a little upset about that but it's either that, or a dead card.

I'd just like to know if RMA'ing is what I should do in this situation. Thanks in advace;)

Since you overclocked it I don't know if they will take it back. OC'ing voids any sort of warranty. You can call them and give it a shot though. Newegg is awesome at customer support, so they might work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom