Possible PSU failure; I'm not sure.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have a System hear that is not powering up. I have checked it with a PSU Tester and all the voltages are showing as normal \ fine. I have changed the Power Lead and also moved it over to another socket out let but the acutall PSU it self on the back is showing a flashing LED light and not powering up when I'm switching the PC on.

The PSU is just a bog standard PSU that came with the Tower. Nothing custom or installed by my self.

I'm completely stumped. The Voltages are fine, The socket if fine, and their is power but I can't think of anything other than a PSU failure it self.

How much stuff do you have on that motherboard? Is the PSU strong enough to supply power to everything? If you've done any upgrading, it may not be enough power to supply everything.

How much stuff do you have on that motherboard? Is the PSU strong enough to supply power to everything? If you've done any upgrading, it may not be enough power to supply everything.

I've never done any upgrading and the PSU is the original from what came with the tower when I bought it. It can handle everything fine. I shut down the system and went to power it back on a few days later and no luck. The LED on the back is flashing with no signs of booting. I'm going to presume its a MoBo failure simply because I've checked the power supply with a tester and it checks out.

I'm going to presume its a MoBo failure simply because I've checked the power supply with a tester and it checks out.

I would still encourage you to stick a known good PSU in it to verify. Not that I don't trust those testers, but... I've seen one test good and still be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom