possible to pretend a scsi jaz drive is an a: drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

benswain1

Beta member
i have a sampler for music production, and it uses scsi to interface with computers. but my modern xp laptop cant communicate with it until i upgrade its firmware.

on this website there is a whole host of downloads for me to flash a floppy disc so i can upgrade it (emusonacid:download zone), the only problem is my sampler only has a jaz drive.when i connect to it via a usb to scsi interface i can view and even format the jaz drive so i know it can communicate.

so here is my question, is there anyway to trick the exe files shown on that website (EOS 4.61 for example) to think that my jaz drive is a floppy drive?(i renamed it a: drive in disk management)

at work today i ran the exe and it did write to the floppy, but then it made it unreadable due to the fact that it was in sampler format. (i was hoping to copy it from the floppy to the hard disk).

very complex i know, but perhaps somebody understands what i am getting at.

many thanks in advance

ben

(if nothing works i will just have to find a floppy drive for the sampler but they are rare :( )

i just downloaded virtual floppy drive 2.1 and it does make it look like my laptop has a floppy, but still when i run the exe it doesnt find my new a: drive!!

i was hoping it would put the files on my virtual drive so i could drag them over to the jaz drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom