Possible Hardware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric0759

Beta member
Well I finally decided to to upgrade, I purchased a gigabyte motherboard, amd 64 3700+ processor, a ton of ram, and a new videocard. Put all together, and it booted up first time. However when it asks if i want to start windows, and I enter yes, It starts and then the computer restarts. It's like its running through a loop. Anyway it recognizes all the components but I'm obviously missing something. Being that this is my first build any input on troubleshooting this problem would be much appreciated

is your PSU powerful enough to run all the new stuff?

also a list of exact specs would be nice

Did you use your hard drive and windows install form a previous computer? If so all the hardware changes are probably making it crash. You would need to reinstall windows

It's a GA-K8U 754 Athlon 3700 combo, 768mb of ddr400, 80gb WD 7200 rpm, and radeon 9800. I bought it as a combo. The only problem is it calls for at least a 300W power supply, and that's all I have. I was wondering if that could of caused it, but before going out and buying a new one I wanted to make sure.

yes I am, are u serious, I didn't know that would make it crash...as you can probably tell this is my first overhaulin'

that could very likely be the cause...even if it's not you'll want to upgrade because 300watt is not big....so you'll never be able to upgrade anything because of it.....get a new PSU...

EDIT: also re-install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom