Possible Hardware Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
Ok, will try and make this long story short as possible.

Parts in signature.

I got two of these computers for myself and my wife. Only difference was the case.

When we first got them, we had nTune (software from nVidia) installed on them, came with the chipset drivers. This, when the BIOS are flash/updated, corrupts the BIOS and you must RMA the board to get a new one. Had to do this on both boards. Got the first new board back, put one system back together(we'll call this sysA) and got graphic tearing in games.

Here is an example: http://www.the5th.org/images/wowimage.jpg

You can see it grabs an image then pukes it all over the screen. If you minimize the game then bring it back up, it fixes itself, but then it will mess up again soon thereafter. I tried moving the video card to another slot, swapping to a different video card, checked all my voltages, updated drivers, tried an older version of the video card drivers and nothing fixed it. An eVGA tech told me to swap PSUs, so I did. That seemed to fix it, but then a day later, same issue was still happening. Its completely random. I even got the second replacement board a couple days later and put it in the system and it still was having the graphic tearing.

Now, sysA will still get graphic tearing, and sysB (used the first board that came in) will lock up in games, usually as soon as they start, but sometimes it will take awhile.

I have no idea where to go with this one. Only thing I have not tried is wiping the drive and reinstalling windows, thinking that maybe something is wrong there.

Any ideas? I can't think of anything else I could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom