Possible to Game on one monitor and surf the web on the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serulin

Beta member
Hi,

I am looking for a dual monitor solution that will allow me to game (full screen) on one monitor while surfing the web / do whatever else on my other screen "WITHOUT my game ALT-TABBING".

I know extend feature can do this already but not without it minimizing whenver I try to click on my other monitor. That is beyond annoying. You would think you can just move your mouse over like if the full screen were in windowed mode no?

And about having my game in window'ed mode, I have no problems with it, however not all the games i play support my resolution in windowded mode. The game will either be too small or too big and extend onto my other screen.

Is there anything out there that can achieve this?
Is this something that the OS has to implement? Or graphics drivers? Or some 3rd party program?

I am currently running win7 with ati 5870.

As far as i know No. Some games such as World Of Warcraft allow for maximized windowed mode and will allow what you want. It really depends on the way the game is coded as to what it will allow you to do.

Windowed games will let you do so, but full screened games will not let you use both screens at the same time. You can press the windows key, or alt + tab, but that will take you out of the game window. You can see the contents of the other window, but can not easily switch between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom