Possible CPU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprophet

Beta member
Hi all,
I have built myself a system, its an AMD Athalon64 X2 4200+, NVIDIA 7900GT and an MSI nForce motherboard and recently its broken down.

The main problem when windows didn't detected the 2nd core anymore, so I re-installed everything and it was still the same. So I went into the bios, removed dynamic overclocking off (it was at 3% before) and the screen would go blank after the bios. No HD activity or anything. Going into safemode, it hung after Mup.sys.

I googled for the Mup.sys problem, and most of the searches returned that you need to remove something, so I unpluged my graphics card and windows booted, i heard the "tada" noice when it starts, and I was able to shut it down problem by doing "windows key -> u -> u".

Any ideas whats wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
DarkProphet

It was SP2, and unfortunetly, I can't download anything because it wont boot into anything...

Any ideas on what could be wrong ?

Hello,

So you can't boot into Windows?

Try resetting your BIOS. Remove the battery from your motherboard for a couple minutes, then place it back in. Shift the jumpers too if you know what the CMOS jumpers are. Then power up your PC afterwards.

OMG! You are a genius! I could kiss you right now (if I was gay n stuff, and if my wife didn't mind).

Yeah, i took the battery out, the bios said something about a checksum. Went into the bios, cell menu, turned aggressive timing on, and viola!

Extremely happy, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom