possible bad video card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
so lately ive had a few issues with the graphics on my computer xfx ati 5770. ill be playing a game and see random places that are green or purple where there should be some texture or where there's water. ive order a new video card to replace this one but wanna know what you guys think. cause if possible id like to reuse the card and if it is bad possibly try to get a replacement

Sounds like your card is producing artifacts. In my experience, this occur from overheating. Either your card has overheated in the past and is damaged, or your card is overheating when you play games.
Do these artifacts only occur when playing a game?
Do they occur when watching a video or web browsing?
What idle and load temperatures is your video card getting?

my card never gets over 62C i monitor temps on my second monitor when i game so i know its not overheating. only other thing i notice is when i play flash videos or watch youtube my second monitor flashes and flickers a little bit when i first start a vid, also when im playing 1080p movies they get lag like the video just hangs a big while playing like its going really slow

Try a different driver. As for a replacement, contact Sapphire as your card should still be under warranty.

pic of temps while running furmark and prime 95. ran for 30 mins to get max temp seems it gets a bit warmer than i remember it getting last month.

the sapphire card is the new card i ordered it'll be here in 3 days

this is about my xfx ati 5770 card that im using now i got the card on 4/4/2010 wonder if its still under warranty

first off never had a video card go bad on me outta the 6 Ive owned this is a first so bare with me a bit here

this is one of the only games i this happens in although when i was playing the rift beta i would have certain mobs that wouldn't get render and i would just see a name in mid air. found it kinda strange so i ordered a new video card.

but i want to use this one in a friends build guess ill see if i can get it replaced

the little white dots im gonna assume are artifacts

ScreenShot3.jpg
ScreenShot2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom