is it possblie - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default is it possblie

dumb question and i am sure i know the answer but is there anyways what so ever to fix a corrupted hard drive as of right now it will not boot up at all. i cannot even get it into dos unless i am doing it wrong is there anyway please help

Old 07-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

describe what you mean by corrupted. if the hdd is physically damaged then there isn't much (within reason) that you can do. if it is just the partitions that are damaged it shouldn't pose too much of a problem

Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

THE PARTITIONS ARE DAMAGED WITH SOME KINDA CORRUPTION
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it\'s an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

ok then, sound like you should be able to use your windows disc, presuming you use windows, and reformat then re-install windows from that. if you just stick the disc in and let it boot from the disc it should basically prompt you where to go from there
Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

it told me that to back everything up it' about to fail
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it\'s an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

but the hdd is epmty i clean it up totally
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re:

Hello,

When it told you the HDD was about to fail...was this during POST? (the first few moments when your PC powers on before it boots into an OS)

Also, was it S.M.A.R.T that warned you?

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

no this was a while ago i used killdisk something like that to wipe it clean t then i tried to reinstall any os and then it says it f1 it's about to fail. i cannot even get into dos. man i need this to be fixed I'm screwed this is so important
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie

here is the exact error

smart failure predicted on hard disk 0:IC25N060ATMR04-0-[PM]

WARING: Immediately back-up your data replace your hard disk drive A failure may be imminent

press f1 to continue
Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

\winnt\system32\config/system

this one as well

Closed Thread