Porcessors and Motherboards - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Porcessors and Motherboards

Hey guys, I was hopeing I could get some answers/advice on my situation here.. well my parents agreed to buy me a new processor, but found out the current motherboard I have isnt compatible with the processor I want .. I dont have much time to talk with my bro about this and was wondering if any of you guys know which motherboard I should buy for the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 I want.. heres a link to it if you need more info AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor ADX6000CZBOX - 3.0GHz, 2MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MTs), Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan at TigerDirect.com

Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: Porcessors and Motherboards

a board that fits Socket AM2 Processors, are you sure a new processor is the upgrade you want to go with? You should post your specs and let the forum critique you and perhaps make a better suggestion on how to spend the money.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Porcessors and Motherboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poemaster View Post
a board that fits Socket AM2 Processors, are you sure a new processor is the upgrade you want to go with? You should post your specs and let the forum critique you and perhaps make a better suggestion on how to spend the money.
I'm pretty sure, I've got a 1.8 ghz AMD athlon xp 2200 atm, 1 gig of ram.. nvidia geforce 6600 graphics card.. uhh.. what else? no idea, but I also have enough money im gonna be going up to 2 gigs of ram and getting this graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB DDR2 SLI Ready PCI Express DVI VGA HDTV Video Card 86GFE8HDFEXX at TigerDirect.com I also use my pc for gameing if that helps any

edit: I found this motherboard ABIT KN9 SLI NVIDIA Socket AM2 (940) ATX Motherboard Audio PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Gigabit LAN SPDIF USB 2.0 Serial ATA RAID KN9SLI at TigerDirect.com and from the name, it sounds like it would be compatible with the 8600 GT graphics card, right?
Closed Thread